Newshounds and friends, please feel free to use this community for troll-free discussions and off-topic posts. In no way is it meant to replace the superb newshounds.us blog.
The short-term purpose of this community is to have a space where we can discuss progressive issues without constantly having to defend the basic premises. If you don't believe in civil rights, separation of church and state, our responsibility to leave a clean planet to our children or fair and honest government with checks and balances, please find another place to chat.
The long-term purpose of the community is to promote personal blogging as a tool for progressive action. Livejournal makes it easy to join a community, spin off new communities or start your own discussions in your personal journals.
How to get started:
- You don't have to have an account to reply to this post. However, future posts may be limited to livejournal users or community members.
- To create your own livejournal account, go here and follow the directions. You have to do an email confirmation before your account will be fully functional.
- To become a community member, click here.
- To participate in an ongoing discussion, make sure you're logged in and then click "leave a comment" or "post a comment." Discussions are threaded, so if you want to reply to a comment, go to that comment and click "reply".
- To make a new community entry, click here. After composing your entry, look on the bottom of the page for a "Post to:" text box. Select "meta_pac" in that space to direct your entry to the community.
- If you're interested in becoming a community maintainer, please let me know.
If you have any problems/questions, please ask!